Thursday, January 29, 2009

Pop Quiz Thursday

On Tuesdays and Thursdays my schedule goes like this: 11:00-12:25 media class on the documentary, sprint across campus for 12:35-1:5o world politics in the media and round it all out with 2:10-3:25 history of colonial america. It's not a terrible schedule and it's all within my "window of effectiveness", which is the couple hours during the day when I know I'll be able to function in a classroom setting (usually from about 10-3:30).
So, being a Thursday, I headed off to my media class this morning. The first thing the prof tells us when she gets there is that we will be having a pop quiz to see if we actually watched the assigned movie. Not a big deal because, as bad as "Triumph of the Will" was, I forced myself to sit through it last night. We take our quiz and proceed to watch clips of the movie and discuss them. After class I make my twice weekly sprint from Marist to 2nd floor Maloney and we begin our politics, where the prof lectures on about Hitler and Lenin's effective uses of media to achieve there goals. Um, hello, "Triumph" movie I just talked about in Marist. I was begining to feel like I was in a "Twilight Zone" episode where I'd be forced to talk about Hitler constantly. Where are my "Band of Brothers" dvds when I need them? We get almost the whole way through class when, with 10 minutes left, the prof tells us to put our books away because he has decided it would be a good idea to have a pop quiz so he can tell if we've been reviewing our notes. What is this guy, nuts? Of course we haven't reviewed our notes! We won't look over our notes until the night before the midterm. Hell, maybe not till an hour before the midterm. Needless to say, I went to my history class fully prepared for the words "we're going to have a pop quiz now". I didn't have one there though. Thank God! I may have lost it if I did. I think my profs were all conspiring against me today.
Well, now I'm sitting in my room listening to Coldplay and trying to not make too much nosie because Molly has apparently decided its a good idea to take naps on the couch when you have a headache. I told her she should sleep in her room but she doesn't think she'll get up if she does that. I don't really understand the reasoning, but whatever. I'm just confined to my room like usual. Although, I did buy two new posters at the poster sale today and I'm convinced they're basically amazing. One is a verticle black and white Coldplay poster that says "Viva La Vida or Death and All of His Friends" on the bottom. Purely awesome! The other is a horizontal shot of the park that surrounds the base of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. Also pretty cool. My walls were looking a little empty because I have the room to myself now and twice as much space to cover.
Ok, laundry time before Private Practice tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment