Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Say It With Me Now: "Floor... Seats..."

The Gods love me. There have been times when I've questioned whether or not that's true, but after today it is abundantly clear. I should fully explain how I came to this conclusion.
So I skipped Media class this morning. It was a shortened class because of the Mass of the Feast of St. Thomas Aquinas (gotta love Catholics) so I really only missed 45 minutes. But I didn't just not feel like going to class. This morning was the beginning of the pre-sale for tickets to see Kenny Chesney in Philly this summer. And it's not just Kenny Chesney who is playing either (although he's enough for me). It's an all day concert that is also going to have performances from Sugarland, Montgomery Gentry and Lady Antebellum. Basically it's going to be a kick ass day! So Liz and I wanted to go and, since she's in Eastern Europe, I was in charge of securing the tickets. Therefore, I skipped class.
I sat at my computer all morning refreshing the ticketmaster site and, at exactly 12:00, the page popped up. Like any other person trying to buy tickets online, I rushed through the steps as fast as possible so they wouldn't sell out before I got some. I've learned that the smaller your ticket request, the better your seats. But I also knew that this was a stadium show and 90% of the seats at those concerts are bad because you're high up and/or far away. If I had gotten something mildly better than the last row at the opposite side of the stadium I would have been happy. I got my two tickets and (fearful of trying to search again and them selling out) proceeded right to checkout.
Well, I didn't really pay too much attention to the secion the tickets were in until I had finished paying and was looking at my e-reciept. That's when I realized that my ticket section was listed as F9, Row 12 which didn't sound like something you would find in a stadium. Upon further review of the concert seating chart I realized that I had somehow been blessed with FLOOR SEATS for this concert!!! I don't know how it happened, but I nearly fell over dead when it hit me that I was going to have such amazing seats in that huge stadium. Seriously, I was speechless for a good five minutes. Which was fine because no one else was in the trailer with me. Needless to say, but when I recovered my first act was to put on my Kenny Chesney Live cd, turn the volume up and dance around the trailer.
After I had finished dancing I had an epiphany. It hit me that this is a sign. It's a sign that this summer is going to be a million times better than last summer. These were officially my first confirmed plans for the summer and they turned out better than I could have imagined, so I don't see how things can possibly go wrong when I'm planning the rest of my "flip flop summer" (K.C. song). So, I don't get to check anything off my list of goals for the semester, but I'm going to think of this as the beginning of a check. It's a sign of good things to come

No comments:

Post a Comment