Tuesday, June 2, 2009

9 - 5

I think I may have found the perfect job for this summer. It's pretty low stress and easy going. Yesterday I had a lot going on because I was figuring out how to do different things and where everything was. It was sort of exciting, sort of boring. But hey, I don't know of many people who say they like work, whatever it is that they may be doing.
Today, Gail (the person I'm working for) called at 10:00 to say she wouldn't be coming in because she had to take her really, really old mother to the hospital. She then went into detail about her symptoms and the tests they were planning to run. Waaay more info than I needed. She gave me a list of about 4 or 5 things to do over the course of the day.... I was done with more than half of it by 11 and the last two things (handle the mail and pick up the checks from payroll) couldn't be done. So I hung out until I went to lunch, came back and took care of the mail, picked up the checks, and spent the next three hours reading my book. Occasionally the phone would ring and I'd take a message. That was the extent of it. I have a feeling this is what most of my days will be like since Gail won't be coming in to work on Mondays and Fridays starting next week. I could finish a book a week if this keeps up.
My hair dyer kind of exploded yesterday morning. It started shooting sparks and crackling. So today I had to go buy a new one. I knew it had been breaking for a while because it would work, and then other times it wouldn't. The fact that it semi-exploded was a little much though. I mean, was that really necessary? It could have just refused to turn on and it all would have been fine.
Tomorrow is Chris' birthday. I'm kind of excited for all of us to finally go out together. I'm sure we'll have a good time. Although, knowing the boys, it could be slightly scary what we end up doing. I could imagine us ending up in some strange bar in Adam's Morgan with no money for a cab, and no real idea how we ended up there. Hopefully, that's not what actually takes place.
This whole being at school with no school work thing it pretty nice. I could get used to it. I get back to my room and don't have to worry about doing anything other than relax or straighten up a bit. I did that today. This whole place was messy. I know I'm OCD, but it was legitimately messy. A dirty blender cup, dirty dishes, empty food boxes. It wasn't just me. It needed to be cleaned. Plus my g-rents are stopping by this weekend on their cross-country trip. And you know it needs to be clean for them because they really are insane. So I cleaned up. And I'll swiffer/vacuum later this week.
Time to go read. Less than 300 pages to go!! (the book is 973 pages long)

No comments:

Post a Comment