Thursday, April 2, 2009

Can I Take Your Order?

My dad just called me in this high strung, worked up panic about how I haven't heard from any of the jobs I applied to. So clearly, I need to go on monster.com, check the newspaper classifieds and apply for every waitress job in the district. Otherwise I will have to come home for the summer and look for a job there. I was like "Whoa, bud. Calm down. I think I have until the middle of April before I need to start worrying." He thinks I need to be panic stricken this very instant. Even though two of the jobs I applied to only had their deadlines last week. Give them time to file all of the applications before you start thinking no one is willing to hire me. Honestly, the confidence he has in me is amazing.
Well, that's my story. Conference starts tomorrow night and Molly has threatened to send me hourly, countdown text messages. Please dont!!! I may be forced to file a restraining order at that point. We have a meeting tonight to stuff envelopes and folders. Should be tons of fun. Really, I cant hardly contain my excitement. Who cares that the series finale of ER is tonight at 9? I'd much rather stuff folders in the Pryz. It doesn't matter that the show has been on for fifteen years and tonight is the last episode EVER! My dedication and love for APO are much more important. Especially when we are in such a state of crisis. The conference is only 24 hours away!!!! People, we are at def-com 10!!! It is time to start panicing!!!!!
::the entire preceding paragraph was dripping with sarcasm::

No comments:

Post a Comment