Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Hell

My media screenings are supposed to run from 5:10 to 7:00 on Tuesday nights. That's two hours for us to watch our social change documentary. More than enough time to watch tons of movies. Today, the screening ran from 5:10 to 7:40. We got out 40 minutes late!!! What. The. Fuck. Why couldn't the prof pick any one of the countless movies that are under 2 hours in length. The best part is, she told us it would run a little bit over 2 hours, but only a few minutes. That's fine. I'm thinking like 10 minutes. It was probably exactly two hours and it wouldn't be a problem. But 40 minutes? That's redic.
The next two weeks are going to be complete hell. Tonight I have to write a 5 page history paper on a book that I'm reading as I go. Tomorrow, I have class from 10-11, a tour at 12:30, class from 3-5, an ambassador meeting at 5 and I'm working the blood drive from 6-7. Then I have to come back to the room, eat dinner and write a 6 page media paper. Apparently on Thursday, APO is holding game night in our trailer. I was never informed of this. Carolyn just assumed she could use our place and that really pisses me off. Why doesn't she hold game night in her Mill apartment? So I need to clean for everyone to come over. Friday is Odyssey day. I'm working for about 4 hours after my morning class gets out. I will be going out that night. Without a doubt. Then Saturday, I have Kids on Campus Day for APO, all day. Great! That will be fun. Sunday will be spent wither in the Library or Leahy, doing copious amounts of work.
Next week, I have a media paper due on Tuesday, a politics paper due Thursday and a philosophy paper due on Friday. I also have an optional history paper to replace a grade that I nee to do. Then the APO banquet on Saturday night. That brings us to the final week of classes an then finals week.
God, for as long as the semester has dragged on (and believe me, it has dragged) it also went by kind of fast. Although, with finals week approaching, it brings up the summer and I'm still kind of anxious about that. I don't have any plans set in stone yet and it's making me kind of nervous. But I'm trying to remain relaxed and not obsess about it too much. Though, I'm not entirely sure I'm doing a good job of not-obsessing. I really am trying though.
On a complete side note, Liz has finally realized the need for us to move to Britain and meet British guys. Yay! But I'm still completely jealous that she went to Serbia and has now met a British guy that may or may not be crashing on her couch for the next month. I'm the one who loves all things Britain! Oh the injustices of the world! Haha.
Ok, time to get back to work on this paper. I have over a page, which is good. Only 2-3 more to go.

p.s. my cousin just announced via facebook that she's having another baby. those 2 move fast considering they had a just baby in may.

p.p.s. the Giants 2009 season schedule has been announced. looks like we'll have to be the road warriors again.

2 comments:

  1. This weekend will be great... or else I may just go crazy with the amount of work we both have to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whether leahy or the library, or the DOWNSTAIRS QUIET DINING ROOM IN THE PRYZ. hahahahahha do you remember that night we both ended up there?!?! kindred.

    ReplyDelete