Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Jumper Cables

To say it has been an interesting couple of days is a bit of an understatement. It's been frustrating, annoying, exhausting and... normal.
Monday night, after writing a media paper and watching 24, Erin came over so we could study for our history quiz. After our pathetic performances on the last one, we figured it would be a good idea to really study and make sure we had everything worked out. After studying for a bit, I wanted to take a trip to the C-store and, since it was bitter cold out, I suggested driving down to the Pryz. Plus, we were both lazy and it was like 11 and we were tired. So we go out to my car and it won't turn on. The battery is dead and, after checking, I knew I hadn't left the lights on when I drove it on Saturday. Not a big deal, I'll go get Kenny and Chris and I'm sure they can jump my car for me, right?
Well, we get the boys and they push my car out of its spot so Kenny can get his car close enough. We try jumping it a couple times and it wont work. Just my luck. So they push my car back into its spot and Kenny suggests that I call DPS and have them come jump it because it may have just been that my jumper cables were bad. Erin and I decided to go back inside and study for a little while longer and then she went back to her room, I went to the C-store, came back and called public safety. Thirty cold minutes later, during which I had to sit out at my car because God knows they can't come knock on my trailer door, they show up and start my car. All is well.
Tuesday, on my way to my first class, I walk past where my car is parked and decided I would try and start it just to make sure it was still ok. It wasn't. Completely dead once again. Now I know there is something wrong with it. I called my dad when I got out of class and he said he'd bring it to get a new battery when I was home for Easter. Class comes and goes. My history quiz was waaaay easier than we thought. "Define and give the significance of indentured servitude and Bacon's rebellion". "Identify on a map: Jamestown, East New Jersey, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania". Really? Whatever, I'm not going to complain. After my very boring media screening, I packed up all of my stuff that I didn't need and was going to bring home nad called DPS to come re-jump my car. They did and I decided to drive it around for 15 or 20 minutes so that it could get a charge in it. When I got back to Curley, I let it run while I put my stuff in and called the Chris and Kenny to carry out my mini-fridge for me. They really are very helpful guys.
This morning, I was expeecting hte car to be dead again but it wasn't, which was nice. I got on the road around 11:30 and was home between 3 and 3:30. Some asshole from PA completely cut me off when we were getting stopped in traffic just after the Gothels Bridge in Staten Island. I was about two sseconds away from slamming into him. My sister had a softball game so I went and watched that. They won, she struck out three times, but apparently she hit a double before I got there. Came home and let her drive to play practice (because she has her permit now)... it was terrifying. I mean, not really terrifying but really kinda scary because she just got her permit a few weeks ago and she drove about 20 mph hour on a road where you're supposed to do 40.
We went and got pizza at the Starting Point tonight. See my previous post to learn about my feelings on good, Jersey style pizza. And I love the Starting Point. It's the Cheers bar of Bayonne. My parents and I met two friends of theirs and we all got pizza and wings and had some drinks. I was relaxing and pretty quiet because its a Wednesday night.
Tomorrow, my parents and I are going away to Foxwoods for the weekend. Its their birthday present to me. We're going to go up there, relax and gamble. I think it will be a good time. My mom wants me to play bingo with her. I don't get her obsession with playing bingo but its her favorite thing to do when we go to Vegas. Maybe its really fun, I don't know. I'm sure I'll write some kind of post over the next few days and update about how the Foxwoods thing is going. I'm sure it will be a couple of days that are full of stories.

1 comment: