Sunday, April 12, 2009

Woke Up This Morning, Got Myself a Gun

I'm sitting in my room and, quite suddenly, I just heard the first notes of "Paper Planes" start playing. After looking around confused for a minute (since I don't have anything on in my room) I realized my sister is listening to music across the hall in the computer room. Great song!
Well yesterday, while drinking and gambling like a degenerate, I won $30! Wooo! I consider that a success. I started the day with $20 and ended with $50. All of it was won while playing "Sopranos" themed slot machines. They were the new video slots with the screens on top and a big display on top of the group of machines. About every ten minutes they opening credits of the show would play. It would scroll across the top display and the screen on each machine. I heard that opening song about a hundred times yesterday. Hence the title of the post.
This morning we got up at the ass crack of dawn to drive home so that we could shower and go to afternoon lunch with my sister and grandmother. It was facinating. My grandmother told me that I was just like my Uncle Richie. Greeeeeat. That's what I've always aspired to in life and now I can die happy. My work here is done. If you couldn't tell by the blatent sarcasm, my uncle is pretty much retarded and my g-ma just thinks he is the greatest thing to ever grace the planet. He's slightly moronic and married to this crazy lady who is like 20 years older than him and just completely dumb. I mean, really dumb. You look at her, and you can just tell there is not a whole lot going on up there in that mind. She recently and Whinnie the Pooh Bear and Gang tattooed on her leg. She's like 50 something. That should be explination enough. So, my g-ma telling me I'm just like my uncle... it just mad my day.
Tomorrow I have to head back to school. Hopefully my car has been all checked out and fixed. We dropped it off at the garage on Thurday and told the guys to look at it and take care of whatever was wrong. My dad hasn't talked to them since then, but he's going to go pick it up in the morning. I'm hoping they gave me a new battery. It may have run ok on Wednesday when I drove home, but I'm concerned it will keep dying if I bring it back to school. I'm sure the guys at Harrington's took care of it though. That's the garage that was used as the model for the one that is owned by Tom Cruise's friend and gets blown up at the beginning of "War of the Worlds". It's about a half a block away from my house and my dad went to grammar school with one of the owners.
Most likely, it would be a good idea to unpack the suitcase full of winter clothes that I brought home so that I could pack up the few things I need to bring back to school with me. Eh ::shrugs:: I'll do that in the morning before leaving.

p.s. last night I had this really random dream that my dad got called up out of inactive duty in the army and that he was being deployed to Iraq. It was a really upsetting dream. And completely random because he's been out of the army since May 2001 (convenient timing considering what happened three months later)

1 comment:

  1. whinnie the pooh and gang tattoo?? that is the worse idea i've ever heard

    ReplyDelete