Monday, May 4, 2009

Finals

Hell week has begun... finals week! It shouldn't be that bad because, theoretically, I only have two finals. Politics tomorrow and philosophy on Friday. But I also have a paper due tomorrow, another due Wednesday and another due Thursday. So that makes the week pretty hellish. But it's almost over.
Last night I was up until 5 in the morning writing my paper that is due tomorrow. It's done though. At about 2:45 I had 3 pages and could have gone to sleep and gotten up to write this morning, or just toughed it out and finished it. I decided to finish it. So now I just have to proof read it. I'm glad I got it done because I got to relax a little bit today before starting on my next paper.
With each passing day, I'm becoming more and more concerned about the state of my summer affairs. I've got this pain in my stomach that gets continually worse as we creep closer to the weekend and my departure date. I'm going to be so, inconsolably miserable if I have to spend my summer in Bayonne. Not that I dont love my hometown, but there is nothing there for me. My dad tried to tell me today that a "good second option" would be me working 4 days a week at my g-ma's liberal, union-representing law firm in the city. I wanted to scream at him. How is that a good second option???? It not at all, anywhere close to what I wanted to do this summer. In fact, its the polar opposite of what I wanted. Does he not get how depressed I'll be? Well, at this point there is nothing I can do. If something works out in the next few days great, but its slowly sinking in that I'm going to have to go home this summer. I just have to accept it.
I have a paper on the Boston Massacre I really need to start writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment