Sunday, March 15, 2009

Application Submitted

I officially applied to two more summer jobs today. One at the International Trade Commision. The other at the Department of Education. I still have to fax a copy of my transcripts to the DoE, but thats it. Maybe one of them will work out and I can get a summer job. I'll have to keep scanning the goverment jobs websites to see if anything else pops up. Also, Liz gave me this website that lists jobs and internships with non-profits so maybe there will be something on that site that I can apply to. I think if I haven't heard anything from anybody in the next few weeks then I'm going to start becoming concerned. I cant go back home this summer! I'll go crazy! Besides, Liz and I have our summer 2009 bucket list that we need to complete. We can't do that if I'm in New Jersey.
I've decided that I'm done with certain people. I realized yesterday that I'm friends with a person or two who are just not worth being friends with, for any number of reasons. I finally realized that it's not worth putting up with the bi-polar, hypocondriac, high drama, ultimatum type of friendship. It's too much hastle and I have more important things to worry about. You're friends shouldn't make you that stressed. You shouldn't feel like you have to walk on eggshells around them and watch every little thing you say or do beause it may upset them and send them into a tailspin. That's not a friend. That's a project. So I'm done with people like that. And you know what? I'm ok with that. I'm better off without them.
So I've been in Leahy for the past three hours applying to differnet jobs and now writing a wonderful 3 page paper for my media class. Clearly, I'm being productive because here I am, posing on my blog. Whatever. As long as I get it done by tonight then I'm good. Molly and I were supposed to go out to BWI to pick up Hersh this morning but he missed his flight (car broke down). now he's on a flight that gets in at 8 so we're going out there after her Mission Jamaica meeting. Even better, I get to leave the APO meeting early!!!! Shaaa-weeeeet!!!!!!
I should probably finish my paper so that I can go back to my trailer and clean/relax before APO and BWI. My paper is supposed to be about 3 pages and right now I've got 2 lines. Time to work!!

p.s. there is a girl sitting next to me for the past fifteen minutes printing stuff and talking on her cell phone. I can hear her over my headphones. Can you get any more annoying?!?!?! Does she not see the hundred signs that say you are not allowed to be on your cell phone in Leahy???? At this point, I think she ranks up there with the obnoxiously loud girl who used to be in the pryz during breakfast last year. you know the one I'm talking about. don't pretend you don't!

No comments:

Post a Comment