Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Birthday Hazing

Having your morning class canceled is really, in my opinion, one of the greatest things that can happen in college. Therefore, not having media today was splendid. Absolutely glooorious (to quote Kara). I got to sleep for an extra hour and take my time getting ready for the rest of my classes. It was very nice.
I'm convinced my politics in the media class has turned into a history class. All we do is discuss different types of failed governments in the past half century. Perhaps, in passing, we may briefly discuss how the ruling group did or did not effectively use the media. Today, we talked about the establishment of the People's Republic of China for the first hour of class. Then in the last 15 minutes we discussed the media coverage of Tienanmen Square in 1989. Honestly, this is not the class I signed up for.
After politics I went to my actual history class. There we discussed the movement patterns of North American Indians in the 1600s. If the topic wasn't boring enough, it was about 80 degrees and dry as an August desert in the classroom. I'm amazed I didn't fall asleep. Although, I did consider trying to get in touch with Ben Stine to ask if I could borrow some Clear Eyes. I'm not sure I comprehended or took notes on anything that was said in the last 20 minutes of class. Other than when the prof described some French guy as a bad ass who disobeyed authority and had his initials tattooed on his chest. That I wrote down.
Towards the end of history class I got an email and jumped at the chance for a distraction (I really do love my blackberry). My cousin Brian emailed me about getting together for drinks sometime this weekend for my birthday. That's nice of him. He always takes me out for my birthday. But the subject of the email was "birthday hazing". Hence the title of this post. I'm slightly frightened by that. I mean, he's been talking about my 21st birthday since freshman move in day. I think I should be both concerned and prepared. It should be interesting. Haha.
Right. Well. Yay laundry time!

No comments:

Post a Comment