Monday, March 30, 2009

Procrastination

Really, I'm beginning to think that procrastination is a disease. I've now spent two days doing absolutely no work. Well, that's not completely true. I did go to the library today and dig out books on revolutionary America. That must count for something. But that's the extent of what I've done. And now I need to read a book and write a paper on it by Wednesday. Fantastic. Oh well. Whatever. I know it'll get done in the end, so what's the point of stressing out?
I can't believe that the semester is flying by so fast. We've only got about 4 weeks of class left before finals. And then its home for summer. Or really, down here for the summer. Can't wait! It is going to be amazing. A couple of plans are in the works and I think its all going to be pretty awesome.
On a similar note (the one about time flying), we registered for classes today. As of 7 a.m. this morning I am a registered senior at Catholic University. Holy shit!!!! That's completely terrifying!!!! It's really astonishing how fast the time has gone by. To me, it seems like only yesterday that it was freshman move in day. About 900 degrees in that quad room in Spellman with Kara, her parents, Chrissy and her mom. Megan was nowhere to be found, but her stuff was there. I wasn't entirely sure she existed for the first couple of hours. Erin and I had a whole conversation the other day about how we wish we could go back to freshman year. If only so that we could really understand how carefree and wide-eyed we were. I think we'd have savored it more, because once you're not a freshman, you begin to look at things differently. I mean, I can't imagine us deciding one night at midnight or one (while completely drunk) to blindly follow our friend's roommate to a diner in Adam's Morgan that we've never been to. When we all have flights and trains to catch in the morning. With complete diregard for the time or whether or not we'll make the last metro train. Today, we'd bring up the idea, then realize it's late, we're tired, we don't want to walk, we won't have enough time and eventually decide to just order pizza instead. We're more mature and rational now. I guess that's a good thing. I mean, I know it is. But I wish I could go back and be aware of how much I would miss being a freshman. I'd remember and savor it more. We simply threw it away in our mad desire to be upperclassmen. And now we're registered seniors. I'm writing my thesis in the fall and everyone else is taking comps. It's all almost over. And, try as we might, we can't get it back. It really is scary how fast it has all gone by.
It's now late and I hae a book to read and a paper to write. Not enough time to dwell on the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment