Saturday, March 7, 2009

Temporary Crown

I hate the dentist. I spent the last two days there getting a cavity filled and getting a temporary crown put on my one tooth. Yesterday, the whole bottom of my mouth was numb for about 4 hours and when the Novocaine eventually wore off I realized I had been chewing on my lip the entire time. It is now swollen, cut and sore as hell. I tell this to Mike cause, ya know (as he later put it) we're like best friends. He finds it hysterical. Honestly, the sympathy is just overwhelming. Haha, joking.
Well my week at home has been sufficiently boring. I didn't get nearly enough work done but I guess that's not such a big deal. I'll just skip the APO meeting on Sunday night and quickly do everything that I should have done this week. I'm so productive and well-organized, I know.
Oh, there was one tiny bright spot in my week though. Yesterday afternoon, I stop in the living room while on my way upstairs. My mom was watching tv and a commercial for match.com came on. After it was over, she turned to me and goes "you know, you should go on match.com, Kaitlyn. I think it really works." After I was done starring at her is some kind of shock and surprise, I was like "why don't we focus on my getting out of college first? Now if you'll excuse me I have to go pack and drive back to school." What. The. Fuck. No words. Non what-so-ever. I haven't even been able to comprehend it. She must have been high on Sudaffed. Or maybe she's been secretly drinking.
So that brief exchange yesterday was the most exciting part of my week. I guess that's why I haven't posted anything. I haven't done anything. Back to school in about 36 hours though. yay!!

2 comments: