Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Oper-, Opus: Housing

We officially have housing for next year. Opus 713. Top floor. Where there is cell phone service and a view of.... something. After a mad dash to get into a room, we finally made it and quickly discovered that a ton of other people will be living in Opus as well next year. I think it's going to end up being almost all seniors, which will be cool. If we just had kitchens, it would be great.
Earlier today I had a meeting with my adviser to talk about my schedule for next semester. As usual, the classes I want to take are fine and fit into my schedule. After we went over my classes we talked about my senior thesis and how it was almost time to graduate. It was kind of terrifying because she asked me what I was planning on doing next May and it realized I've only got a year to figure something out. But I've been seriously looking at Teach for America and I think I'm going to apply for it in the fall. It's extremely competitive though. They only take about 20-25% of the people who apply, so I'm going to need to come up with some kind of back up plan. But right now I need to focus on making sure all my academic and extracurricular activities are in order and ready for the fall. I'm going to need to start organizing this stuff over the summer. Basically I want to kick ass in my classes this semester to give my GPA one final boost before I apply to TforA and start looking at other jobs in the fall. God, that's terrifying. Especially in this economy.
Oh well, right now I've got a history quiz to study for.

No comments:

Post a Comment