Monday, March 16, 2009

Deep Breath/My Housing

So after several near sleepless nights, hours of stressing and talking to just about every person I have ever known on this campus, we finally have a good fourth to live with. And on top of everything else, she has number 148! We can get our nice, quiet trailer and not have to worry about anything. Liz told me not to stress because it would all work out at the last minute but (me being me) I've stressed out about it compulsively for the past two weeks. I swear, I think I'm going gray or something. But it all seems to be working out. Maybe I won't be homeless next year. The only hurdle left to clear now, is My Housing...
I know it's a lot to ask for, but just once, just one time, I would like something at this school to run the way it is supposed to. No problems. No rescheduling. No massive emails to address the issues. But, like I said, it's a lot to ask for. So I'm not very optimistic about that ever happening. Today's problem is the CUA Housing program known as "My Housing". The idea behind the program is great. It lets people log on, check their lottery number, select their roommates and chose their rooms. All in one place. The execution however, in typical CUA fashion, sucks. The program is now three years old and the school still cant get it to work properly. This year, the problem is that people cant select their friends as their roommates. Also, we had to agree to some Resident and Dining Services form and if we didn't then we couldn't participate in selections. Well, we all signed it and it still says we're "ineligible". It is so bad, and Housing was so incapable of addressing the problem sometime in the past three week, that they had to delay the start of room selections. The lottery was scheduled to begin today at 4 and at 4:30 we got an email from the Housing director saying they were pushing up back at least a day to try and deal with the problem. So now, on top of not being able to select our roommates, we all have to scramble to try and reschedule who is going to pick the room, because God knows the person with the number is in class during their time. Great! Thank you CUA. To quote Daniel Craig in Road to Perdition (it is St. Patty's Day week after all), "It's all so fucking hysterical". I think that sums it up pretty acurately.

No comments:

Post a Comment