Thursday, March 19, 2009

I've Got a Plan!

To win back the fresh clean smell in my new Opus room. If you don't already know, one of our roommates next year has a slight odor problem. But I've got a plan. And I think it has a good chance of working.
This weekend, Erin and I will draft up an email, gain Liz's approval, and send it off to this person. In it, we are going to simply tell the truth. That we drink copious amounts of alcohol, that we party excessively. That we have several slightly obnoxious, womanizing guy friends who may or may not use drugs (joking!). That these guys may crash at our place one or more nights a week due to alcohol or a sheer lack of desire to travel. That our room is going to be the party room and we will probably blast loud music all afternoon and night. That we felt it important to tell her about this early on so that if she wanted to maybe request a quieter room, she'd have time while there is still space. Honestly, we'd understand. No hard feelings. You think it will work? God, I hope so.
If it doesn't, then Liz and I created a backup plan... the house rules. Ahem! I will now read you a short preview of the house rules:

Rule One: everyone living in Opus 713 will be required to shower daily, using both soap and hot water.
Rule Two: any visiting friends must also shower that day with soap and hot water, but showers will not be provided for them.
Rule Three: in order for friends to come over, they must first be able to successfully hunt and kill an "iso".
Rule Four: if they don't know what rule three refers to, then there is no hope of them being invited over.

I think that is a pretty good start. We're just laying down the law, especially concerning numbers one and three. It's my senior year and I'm not letting a roommate's potential hygiene issues ruin my good time. Especially since we've decided that we're going to get some stuff to decorate and match the new modernish furniture that Opus has. As opposed to just posters. Those can go in mine and Liz's room. (ahhh!) I will not have my stuff infested with the smell of B.O. There will be glade plug ins up and down the hallway and I will make our apartment smell like a tropical oasis!! hahaha.
Ok, bed time. I'm exhausted from the history quiz I had today that the prof then followed with a 45 minute lecture about Bacon's Rebellion. Seriously? Seriously?

1 comment: