Sunday, March 29, 2009

Three Guys and a Machine Gun

I had a good night. The weather kind of sucked but the night, itself, was fun. We started out at Loriol Plaza in Adam's Morgan. It was me, Molly, Marian, Erin and Erin. We got some food and some margaritas. Soooooo amazing! Oh my god! I love their drinks!! They are the absolute best in the district.
While we were there, my dad called me. It was like 11:30 and I'm thinking, why the hell are you calling me now!?!?! Well, it turns out he was watching the local news (because he was in the district for work) and they had a report about increased crime in Adam's Morgan, highlighted by coverage of a convenience store robbery that took place that night. Three guys with machine guns robbed a store and everyone who was in the store. Machine guns??? Really? Is that necessary? You could rob a store with a sharpie that you put in your pocket!! Using machine guns to rob a convenience store is like using a surface to air missile to go quail hunting. It's ridiculous and unnecessary. At that point, they were showboating.
So when we finally left Adam's Morgan, Molly and Erin Kilroy went back to school because they were sick/tired. Erin, Marian and me went to Irish Times. That is my bar!!!! I've decided that must be our cheers bar because it is just that wonderful. All CUA people, great music, reasonably priced drinks (we got 2 long island iced teas for $14, which is what one margarita cost us at Loriol Plaza). We walked in and I was stunned how many Catholic students were there. I mean, I knew it was a CUA bar, but the entire place was students. I could turn around in a circle and find 10 or 15 people I had class with. We ran into Ray, who was there with a group of people, and we all hung out for a while.
I dont know how it came up, but at one point I found out that Erin knows some of the details of the night we don't speak of. Actually, I think it was because Paper Planes came on and I naturally freaked out and said this song reminds me of a night I don't speak of. Then Erin told me she quasi-knew what went on. So I then had to explain it enough that she had the story straight. But, there are still parts that would only get discussed with Liz. Or the boys, but we've never spoken about any of it with them. Either way, there is a reason it's called the night we don't speak of. We don't speak of it.
I guess we got back to school around 2:30 and passed out. Slept till noon, woke up and made some pancakes. And now the rest of the day has been spent procrastinating and doing nothing. It has been a very productive.
Now I'm going to get ready and go to my wonderful APO meeting. The conference is in less than a week and I think Molly is reaching panic mode. Still haven't decided if this is going to be a funny thing to see or if it's going to be terrible. Doesn't matter, because the banquet on Saturday will make it all worth it. The entire section is going to go to hell in the Pryz Great Room and I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment