Friday, February 20, 2009

All Quiet on the Western Front

All is quiet in the trailer and will be for the next three days. Molly has gone to Texas so I get the trailer to myself. Which is kinda weird because its just me, but its quiet and... quiet. I have work to get done this weekend and I can actually sit in the living room if I want to and not worry about webcams or tv or anything like that. It's a welcome change.
So apparently CUA did some giant campus wide test of the emergency alert and response system this morning. The speakers are supposed to broadcast throughout campus what the emergency is and tell us to either evacuate or shelter in place. Well, this system was supposed to go off this morning at 10:30 and we'd be told to either evacuate or shelter. I don't know about anyone else, but I didn't hear any public address system going off. Which is just oh so comforting. What if there was a real emergency? Not that I know where I'm supposed to evacutate to from the trailers, but thats not the point! God damn, I wouldn't even know if there was a reason to evacuate. Way to go CUA. As usual, you exceded my every expectation.
Fall class schedule is up! AHHH!! Thats so scary because we're the first group to register since we're the rising seniors. SENIORS!!! I can't believe it. It feels like it was just yesterday that I was moving my stuff into Spellman on the absolute hottest day in August and now we're registering for senior fall classes. The time goes by pretty fast. I took a look at all the classes. I know I have to take my senior seminar on Monday afternoons. I have to take a Media intro class for my minor that meets on MWF. They're offering "Washington: Symbol and City" next semester, which is apparently the greatest class that you can ever take as a student at Catholic. Seriously, I've never heard a bad word about this class. Everyone loves it. So I'm definitely taking that and it only meets Mon. and Wed. I've found a Religion class on teenagers in the church that meets on Wednesday afternoons and another Media class on Hitchcock that is MWF. Basically, I've figured out my schedule.
It looks like I'm going to have Tuesdays and Thursdays off next semester. Maybe if I have a somewhat decent job over the summer I can keep it for the fall and work part-time, two days a week. That would be awesome. Or try and get some other kind of job/internship. Although, I could spend that time writing my 40 page senior thesis on a topic I have yet to choose. I should really get on that at some point this semester. I was telling Liz that I'd really like to have my topic before the end of the year so I can talk to my adviser about it and spend the summer getting most of my research done. I mean, I'll be here in DC with the Library of Congress and the Archives. I should use them. Right? I should probably worry about getting through midterms week first though.
Well, I'm going to go enjoy the quiet while I organize for midterm week and begin to panic about senior year and my thesis. Nevermind the thought of what I'm going to do when I graduate next May. I can't even handle that idea right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment