Tuesday, February 3, 2009

She Says When She Feels Like Crying...

...She starts laughing thinking 'bout Glory Days. It's the song I'm listening to right now, and its basically amazing. I'm so glad they played it at the Super Bowl, although I'm not surprised he picked it. It's one of his most famous songs and its really upbeat and everyone loves it.
So today was pretty crazy and hectic. I had to get up early and go to Leahy so I could type up, print and then scan my application for DHS. I also had to scan in my resume and my transcripts so I could attach them all in an email and send them in. Well, I didn't get this all done before I had to go to class. Media class comes and goes and again we talked about Hitler (pretty sure my prof is a nazi facist). Politics is where my day gets slightly interesting.
I get there right before class starts and grab a seat next to Bobby, Matt's roommate. Molly and Marian sat right behind me. Before class started I heard Marian ask Molly if she'd found out about prices for a single in Opus yet. What the hell is that about? I cant imagine Molly living by herself next year and I dont know where she would find four other people to live with. hmmmm. I'm gonna bring up housing and who we could get as a 4th next year. See what she says.
I spent the last 20 minutes of class and the time between Politics and History talking to Liz on AIM via my blackberry. I love technology. When Politics was done I bolted to History class and was reminded that we have a quiz on Thursday. Great. After that I got to go back to my room for about 15 minutes to drop off most of my books before going back to Leahy. I finished scanning everything, proof read it all again and sent it in to DHS. I've offically applied for a job there. Now we just have to keep our fingers crossed. Hopefully that will work out.
I had a movie screening for Media from 5-7 and we watched "In the Year of the Pig". Its some anti-Vietnam movie from the '60s. It was just about as thrilling as the Hitler movie last week. Let me tell you, until you've watched these films, man, you don't know what your missing. The only somewhat decent part was when the interviewed Col. George S. Patton, the son of General Patton from World War II. Kind of funny that they got him on camera.
So now I'm back in my room, working on Philosophy homework and dreading having to go back to Leahy for the third time today. This whole not having a printer thing really sucks. I think tomorrow I'm going to begin the car battle with my parents. Spring Break is in three weeks and its about time I start bringing the subject up. I wonder how thats going to go... probably not too well, but I have to have hope in something, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment