Monday, February 9, 2009

Just Another Manic Monday

God I hate Mondays. For as easy as my schedule is that day, with only one class, its terrible to have to get back into the week. The idea of having to go to class for 4 more days is just depressing.
I have this terrible project for my media class. We have to pick a documentary about some kind of social change and present it to the class. Afterward we're all going to vote and which ever one wins is what we'll watch during our last week of class. What if you don't know of any documentaries on social change? How are we supposed to find any? That's a terrible project to assign with absolutely no guidance and less than a week to finish. We have to present on Thursday. Anyone have any ideas?
The friggin Student Accounts Office is the baine of my existence this week! My refund check was supposed to be processed on January 28th and it should have arrived at my house by late last week. I called today to check on it because (shock!) it hasn't gotten there and my Dad wanted to deposit that money for me to pay my housing deposit, which is due on Friday. The lady I spoke to told me it hadn't been processed yet because there is only one person, in this entire school, who does the refund checks. And she was out sick all of last week. So no, it wasn't ready and no, she couldn't tell me when it would be ready. Also, because the check is made out to my Mom, they wouldn't be able to give me any information. My Mom has to call and find out. Like she has time to call the Student Accounts Office. Maybe inbetween bringing her 35 first graders to the bathroom and teaching them to read she could find a few minutes to call them. There's a reason we're one of the top 20 red-tape schools in America. Its damn near impossible to get anything done here.
I was supposed to have a tour this afternoon but it got canceled so I went to Starbucks and ran into Afifeh. We sat outside and talked for a while about a lot of different things. Apparently Molly wants to live in a single next year, but she still hasn't told me this so I've been operating under the assumption that we were going to live together again next year. I guess that's my fault- you know what they say happens when you assume. Really, I just wish she would say something. I actually think a single would probably be good for her. Especially if Hersh is going to move up here. Just tell us either way so that I can change the plans I'm trying to make.
Chris Brown's first album really was a great cd. I'm listening to it right now. Its too bad he beat up his girlfriend and got arrested last night. Oh well.
This was a pretty random group of topics. They don't reall flow too well. Whatever. My mind is pretty random. Right, well I'm going to go google documentaries on social change. Wish me luck!

1 comment: