Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Check One Off the List

So I can officially check one of the things of my list of goals for the semester. My Dad told me I can bring my car back to school after spring break at the end of the month. I emailed him last night with this long, well thought out argument about why I should have my car. I referenced the "danger" of the Giant down on Rhode Island Ave, the limited amount of groceries I can carry on the metro, how it would be a good segway into the summer and (most importantly) the money he would save by letting me bring my car. He got back to me surprisingly quick and was like "ok, what the heck, sounds fine to me". I nearly fell out of my chair. I was ready for a war of words and he just agreed. Somehow, I don't think he's told my Mom yet, but that's not my problem. The only issue, according to him, is that he hasn't gotten the air conditioning in my car fixed yet. We'll have to do that when I get home in May.
Now, I should probably follow up this nice little explination with another story. When I called my Dad at work today and mentioned how readily he agreed his response was "I didn't agree to anything. Oh, well I must have been drunk". Important to note, he wasn't really blackout drunk on a Tuesday. He is hardly ever drunk and if he is he probably had to go to a party with his friends. Never to that point though. So I don't know what to make of that joke because he had to hang up and go to a meeting right after that. hmmmm.
Well, I booked a train home and did not book a return ticket, so I better be bringing my car. I'm going to assume I am based on the email he sent me.

...bring my car to school- Check

No comments:

Post a Comment