Sunday, February 22, 2009

Humane Society Training

This morning, in the damp, cold rain, a group of us from APO went out to the Humane Society shelter on Georgia Avenue for a volunteer orientation. We got lost on the way there. John had used hopspot but he still couldn't figure it out and Dave thought he knew where he was going, but he got confused too. So we were about 20 minutes late, which wasn't a big deal but it was kind of cold and wet out. Once we got there it was really cool though. I think we're going to have a lot of fun volunteering there this semester. We'll get to take the dogs for walks, help people with the adoption process and maybe work at some special events around dc. Plus they're going to teach us how to properly train dogs, which is just a good skill to have.
So I'm watching the opening skit for the Oscars right now while writing my second paper of the day. Hugh Jackman is dancing and singing about all the nominated films. Its pretty hysterical so I would suggest finding it on youtube tomorrow.
Um, I just went on the Registrar's website to look up the academic calendar and check something... they've got the academic calendars up all the way until 2018-2019. WTF?!?! My seven year old cousin will be in college by then!
Ok, Penelope Cruz is rambling in Spanish. This is not Spain! This is America! Speak English!! Sorry, that's my Republican streak. Shit, Sean Penn showed up. He never shows up.

On that note, I'm going to go finish my second paper so that I can get through this week without completely fraeking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment