Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Housing Lottery

We got our lottery numbers today. The infamous end all and be all of things that will dictate what kind of social life we have senior year. As usual, housing services hates me. I got number 383. Fantastic, I know. The best part (and this is really good) is that Liz got number 382. We actually got two numbers in a row. What are the odds of that happening? I mean, who would have ever thought that was even possible. So, basically, the housing gods hate us.
I guess everything hinges on Erin's RA letter tomorrow. Hopefully she gets something where she could pull us in with her. Otherwise, Liz and I are spending the summer looking for apartments. I hear Crystal City is nice. Last year the whole housing thing was so stressful. I mean, at one point my parents threatened to make me transfer back home. This year I'm not as freaked out by the whole thing. For one, I'm fairly confident we'll find a way to be on campus next year. Worst case scenerio, we have to move off campus. I jokingly told Matt that he could live with Liz and me if he cant find any other housing. Haha, wouldn't that be fun.
In all honesty, living off campus would not be the most terrible thing ever. I mean, dont get me wrong. It woudl be inconvenient. But it wouldn't be the end of the world. We all freaked out about it last year because we would have to live off for two years, but we're going to be seniors. If we want to live down here after graduation, then getting an apartment senior year that we could keep would probably be a somewhat decent idea. But I don't think it will come to that. I think we'll get on campus.... somewhere.
It would probably be a good idea to go study for my politics midterm that I have tomorrow. I don't think its going to be that bad and I'm only going to review my notes a couple times. It won't be anywhere near as bad as studying for philosophy. Just kill me now with that whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment