Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Snooze Button

I overslept this morning and completely missed my 10:00 class. I must have shut my alarm off instead of snoozing it and I was rudely awakened by my phone ringing at the exact moment I should have been walking into class.
Apparently my neighbor Frank is friends with the Senate Parliamentarian. Who knew? He decided last night that I needed to call her right away about possibly getting a job this summer. So I did and she called me back this morning and sent me flying out of bed trying not to sound like I had just woken up. We talked about where I was looking to work and how Congress isn't exactly hiring many people in this economy. Shock. You would think after they found $780 billion to spend on a stimulus package that they could find a couple thousand for some jobs. But that's democrats for you.
She thinks it would be good for us to meet and talk and go over my resume. So now we're going to go get coffee next week. Great! I can't wait. I mean, its great that she could maybe help me get a job but I don't know.... I guess its all just a little strange. Oh well, its coffee next week or I spend the summer sipping Dunkin Donuts coffee by the Boatworks pool with Thomas. I'll take the coffee next week.
I think I accidentally roped myself into having to pick up and drop off Hersh at BWI when he comes up to DC in March. I made a comment about having my car and Molly jumped all over it because the marc doesn't run on the weekends. Wonderful. Just how I want to spend two weekend afternoons. Plus I'm pretty sure Molly has OA group processing on Sunday the 22, which is the day he leaves so it may just be Hersh and me driving back out to BWI. Tons of fun ::smiles while gaging self with a wooden spoon::
Final note, anyone know of an interesting topic for an 8-12 page paper in World Politics in the Media. We have a final paper for the class and the prof wants our topics before spring break. I'm at a loss.

1 comment:

  1. Well, if you need/want company for that ride on the 22, just let me know. I might be able to help you keep the gagging to a minimum.

    ReplyDelete