Monday, February 23, 2009

Tour Shadowing

I had to give a tour this afternoon and the Admissions Office recently hired a ton of new people who are shadowing the tours. Basically, all they have to do is go on the tour and pay attention to what we say and how we answer questions. They could answer questions if a parent or student directs one towards them, but for the most part they are just supposed to watch.
Well, we all know my luck. I got the obnoxious girl who cut me off and preemptively answered questions that were directed at me. It was some sophomore girl who is an MT. That right there should probably explain it. God knows they cant keep their mouths shut if their lives depend on it. They have a feeling or a thought and they just start spewing it everywhere. So I spent my time trying to give this tour and go through everything and this girl would cut me off, veer off-topic and tell them things you really shouldn't tell prospective families (like that Southside is kinda not so great). Even if it's true, it's not the best image for the school so you keep your mouth shut. Not this girl though.
I just finished writing my third paper of the week. It's only Monday! I mean, I'm gonna have to go back and proof read/edit them, but they're pretty much written. I have a philosophy study guide that I have to start working on like, 10 minutes ago. That exam is on Wednesday and its probably going to be hell. I've decided that I'm shooting for a B in that class. Anything over will be icing on the cake. I'll get A minuses in the rest of my classes so one B is ok. Then I've got a politics midterm on Thursday. I just feel like I don't learn anything in that class. He spends half the time talking about the Washington Post. What does that have to do with class? Absolutely nothing.
I should probably stop procrastinating and go work on my philosophy study guide. Yuck

1 comment: