Sunday, February 1, 2009

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuce

I drank a bottle of Malibu last night. A whole bottle. It was over a 4 1/2 hour period, but still. That's a lot of alcohol. Erin and I ordered pizza, then Matt and I went to the store and went to hang out in Mill South. Us, Jen and Mike watched a movie and hung out until around 3. So when my alarm went off at 9:30 this morning, I was not a happy camper.
We had the APO Pledge Induction this morning and we got 28 new members! For us, that's a huge number of pledges. And half of them were boys, which is even more impressive. Hopefully they'll all stick with it and finish the pledge process. Especially since more than half of our current group will be graduating in May. Otherwise, APO will be no more here at Catholic University. There are people who would be completely devastated by that and I would probably be a little upset, but not crushed.
Super Bowl is tonight. I'm so excited!!! I ran back from the APO thing and got changed into my jeans and Giants jersey. I know, I know. They aren't playing. But today is football's greatest day and it would feel wrong to not wear my jersey. I think I'm going with the Cardinals to win. Being a Giants fan the past 20 years have been spent rooting for the underdog, so I'm preconditioned to it. The game has the potential to be interesting, but it could also be very boring. Lets hope it doesn't suck. I've got 6 boxes in a couple of pools and about half of them are good numbers, so maybe I'll win something.
I'm not sure I can describe how excited I am for the halftime show. BRUCE!!! With the E Street Band! It's going to be amazing. Leaked reports are saying he's going to open with "Tenth Avenue Freeze Out", go into "Born to Run", then his new song "Working On a Dream" and finish with "Glory Days". I don't really get why he's playing his new song when he has so much other material he could choose from, but I guess he's gotta be a little self promoting while he's got the stage. Play the new song, maybe people will buy the new cd. Despite the new song that no one knows, it should be a good performance. I can't imagine Bruce not putting on a good show for his first halftime appearance.
So I'm applying for a job at Homeland Security this summer. I found out yesterday that the application and all my information is due to them by Wednesday. Naturally, I freaked out for about a half hour. Then I calmed down and started getting all my stuff together. I think all I have left to do is write a cover letter and proofread everything. It's some kind of desk, paper-pushing job but that's fine with me. As long as I make more than minimum wage and get to stay in DC then I'll be happy. I'm going to plan on applying for jobs in the other Departments, but they haven't posted anything yet. I'm assuming DHS posts earlier because you need to go through a background check. Hey, I've got nothing to hide. Also, I find out about a job in the Finance Office tomorrow. I applied for an office assistant job and they said I'd find out on Monday. If I could get that and make enough money to cover my beer costs every week, it would make my life so much better.
I should go write my cover letter before the game starts. God knows I won't get anything done once that begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment