Sunday, February 8, 2009

Kaitlyn, We've Been Inviting It For Three Years

Chris' words to me as we discussed the inevitability of last night being the first night we ever got caught drinking. Of course it would be last night because Chris and Steve got a keg for Nick's birthday party. Getting caught with a keg is an immediate suspension hearing and a minimum $300 fine. Well, we didn't get caught but we were pretty stressed all night. Personally, I think the keg was a waste because when I went over trailer 15 today and knocked on the door Chris responded with "come on in... want a beer?" That's probably not a good sign.
So they had this party for Nick last night and it was the most random group of people ever. It was me, Chris, Alec, Steve, Steve's brother, Kenny, Chris's friend Alex, Nick, Nick's two friends Joe and Dom, Ed, Ed's girlfriend and her 4 friends, Ed's brother, KGB, his friend, Billy Doyle and his friend Justin (i think). Such a strange group. Chris' friend Alex was pretty cool, but he kept asking me if I thought he looked gay. Apparently Ed's girlfriend's friend told him he looked gay so he was kinda worried. Overall, it was a pretty decent night. The "arena" was assembled and the challengers all put up a good fight. We didn't get caught and we had a good time.
I had to get up this morning and go to APO's mission day. That was just not fun at all. Mission day is a city wide scavenger hunt that the pledges have to participate in. The brothers are all assigned to sit at different places around the city and give them tasks to complete and the clue to the next stop. John and I had Union Station, which was their first stop. We were told to get there by 1:30 and the pledges would be there by 2. They were over an hour late!!! The two of us got Starbucks, sat a Au Bon Pain, and looked through the entire B. Dalton store before they showed up. Plus, because there were so many pledges they were split into two groups and we had to wait for the other group to show up. I didn't get back to the trailer until almost 4:30. Then I had to finish cleaning because the brothers and pledges were all coming over afterwards for smores. I don't know how they expected to fit 50 people inside my trailer, but whatever. They also showed up and we discovered no one had a grill for us to roast the marshmellows on so I had to go borrow Chris'. The whole thing was a goat screw and lasted longer than it should have.
So now I have finally got a minute to sit down and reflect on the past two days. This was a pretty decent weekend and with every passing day we get closer to Spring Break when I can bring my car to school. Yay! I think I'm going to go try and start my homework now.

Oh! PS, before I forget. I'm on the phone with my mom today and first she talked about how when I come home for Easter her, me and my dad will go to either Atlantic City or Foxwoods for my birthday so that I can gamble. That will be fun because going to AC when you turn 21 is like a right of passage in New Jersey. Then she starts talking about places that she's thinking about having my graduation party next spring/summer. I was like, woah we can cross that bridge when we get there next April. I don't have time to think about that type of stuff now. I don't know how she can be thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment